Youth / Young Adult Ministry Director Job Description
- Become a member of First CRC of Demotte.
- Degree in related fields is preferred
- Experience is preferred
- The director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry will be responsible for Jr. High, High School and Young Adult groups. The focus of this ministry will be on the spiritual growth and the development of understanding the importance of church family and friends. This is to be done both within our church and outside being evangelistic in nature. The purpose of this position is to guide the youth, young singles and couples to help develop deep roots and fresh faith as disciples of Jesus Christ. Also, to encourage them to live lives of thankfulness to God for His glory and realize God’s purpose for their lives.
Jr. High Responsibilities
- Plan special events for this group that develop Christian friendships and growth.
- Seek these youth out in church and at school to help build personal relationships with them.
- Attend when possible Jr. High activities at church and at school to help develop a greater understanding of their culture and how to bring Christ into that world.
High School Responsibilities
- Develop a curriculum for regular events and young people meetings.
- Plan special events for this group that builds a stronger faith and deeper Christian relationships.
- Develop ministry opportunities during summer break (i.e. Serve Projects, Retreats, and community work projects).
- Seek these young people out in church and at school to help build personal relationships with them.
- Attend when possible High School activities at church and at school to help develop a greater understanding of their culture and how to bring Christ into that world.
Young Adults (Single and Married) responsibilities
- Develop regular Bible Study for growth in knowledge as well as faith walk.
- Plan special events that develop a closer sense of Christian family within the church
- He / she must give a written report to the consistory on a monthly basis.
- Must maintain good communication levels and relationships with both pastors.
- Be accountable to a mentoring committee for encouragement, guidance and prayer support.
- Will be active member of the education committee.
- Must be able to communicate with our young people and young adults on their level.
- Must be proficient in communication skills electronically and multiple Social Media platforms.
- Must be very self-motivated, creative and above all filled with a passion for Christ and the youth.
Please send your resume or submit any questions to email@example.com. A member of the search team will contact you!